Saturday, June 25, 2005

Creme Caramel


Creme Caramel Posted by Hello
My friend Mel introduced me to the food blog burning experiment. This month its all about eggs, so I got thinking what dessert might have lots of eggs in them. Ema is forever making egg pudding as it is termed in the Bangladeshi community. In other words Creme Caramel. The only problem was it just tasted too eggy for me and my sister. So I decided to add a little lavender. So me and the rest of the gang meaning Ema and my sister infused some milk with lavender and sugar. Then took three eggs and added about 150mls of the infused lavender milk and a couple of tablespoons of lavender sugar and sweentened to taste. Using caramelised sugar we lined some oven proof containers and added the mixture on top. They were steamed and turned out when they were done.

Unfortunatly they still tasted too eggy but at least my mom enjoyed it.

No comments: